Japanese snowbell tree

Asked January 16, 2021, 4:32 PM EST

I planted my tree about 20 years ago and i want to move it from the curb area to a site by our house. It is about 30’ tall now and I think that is about it’s full height. I will need to have a tree specialist company do it but my question is can it be done without killing it and what time of the year is best

Multnomah County Oregon

1 Response


The tree would potentially recover if a large transplanting machine was used, but it will cost a lot of money, probably more than you'd want to spend.

If you want a snowball tree in another location, it'll be cheaper to search out the largest specimen you can buy.

If you keep the snowball tree, it could use some pruning to remove one of the two leaders.

I hope this information helps.