Are my trees alive?

We recently lost our home and many of our large douglas fir trees in the Holiday Farm fire. EWEB dropped 6 trees to get the power lines removed but we may have as many as 24 additional trees that may have to come down. I do not want to leave any trees that are borderline on the site and have to remove them down the road once I have rebuilt my home. Is there someone from the OSU Extension Service that comes out and evaluates the health of burned trees?

Lane County Oregon

Hello, please contact Amanda Rau, our new Forestry Extension Fire Agent in Lane County. Rau, Amanda <amanda.rau@oregonstate.edu>

I let her know about this request so she is expecting you to contact her.

I'm very sorry to hear about your house and property

Hello! First, I am so sorry to hear about your home. I cannot imagine how difficult it just be for you to navigate all of this and appreciate that you are taking the time to reach out to OSU Extension with your questions. We are not able to make recommendations about hazard tree removal, and recommend finding a certified arborist to help you make those determinations here: https://www.treesaregood.org/findanarborist Hopefully this helps, and please do not hesitate to reach out to discuss or if you have further questions. Thanks! Amanda