Insect ID

Any idea what this insect is? They are all over my patio and I can't get rid of them. Thanks for any info!

Jefferson County Kentucky

Insects are notoriously difficult to identify by photos alone, especially when they are this small. To get a specific ID we need a sample of several to send to the UK entomology lab at no cost to you. Because of Covid 19 the protocol for bringing in samples is as follows:

You can bring an insect sample in a jar with alcohol or distilled white vinegar (to preserve the insect) into a bag, then bring to the office at the address below. We have a table out front for you to fill out an insect ID form, then after the form has been filled out, place in the bag with your sample and leave on the table. As we cannot see you face to face due to CDC guidelines, we check the table several times daily.

Feel free to contact our office if you have other questions.

Let me know if I can help you further!

Carol Wilder
Horticulture Technician
Jefferson County Cooperative Extension Service
Email: carol.wilder@uky.edu

502-569-2344
4200 Gardiner View Avenue

Louisville KY 40213

Let me know if I can help you further!

Carol Wilder
Horticulture Technician
Email: carol.wilder@uky.edu

502-569-2344
4200 Gardiner View Avenue

Louisville KY 40213