White Fly Prevention

I have a small greenhouse that has been white-fly free for 2 years. Last year, I had an infestation starting in January/Feb on green beans which started after purchasing some garden center soil in December that was not frozen. As I do not transfer plants from the outdoors to indoors, and the plants I grow are from seeds, I presumed the mid-winter infestation came from the soil; can whitefly eggs persist in the soil, or be transferred in this manner? If so, will freezing the soil prior to use be an effective means of control? In the past, all soil I have purchased mid-winter is frozen solid and was thawed prior to use.

Bay County Michigan

It seems whitefly eggs can be laid in soil and then hatch. Horticultural oils are useful in getting rid of whiteflies. I Did find where whitefly larva cannot withstand freezing temperatures. I cannot find a recommendation that frozen soil will eliminate white flies.