Composting in Central Oregon

I moved over from Salem 2 years ago. I was an avid composted there. Have yet to try here, but it seems not many people do here. Does the weather/climate all for simple composting here?

Deschutes County Oregon

Hello, composting in Central Oregon is easy. If the correct amount of greens to browns are used the biggest struggle here is keeping the pile wet enough to keep it working. Diligent turning about once a week will allow for water to be added and also get air into the pile. A larger pile seems to work best as, in my experience, most people have small systems that stay too wet. In this case, you need to remember to add browns along with the greens. The above information assumes a hot compost system.

If you are planning to cold compost, let Mother Nature do the work, then about all you will need to do is moisten the material once in a while. The more you can keep the moisture in the desirable range of 40-60% moisture the faster you will get a useable product.

In Central Oregon, if you don't add water the compost will just sit.