Harry Lauder Walking Stick

I bought this beautiful and interesting shrub about a month and half ago and started to notice that the leaves have dark brown spots and drying, some has holes on it. Please I need some advice to how get rid of this issue, I’m not sure what kind of pest is causing it and how to treat it. Thank you. Jeny

New York

Corylus avellana 'Contorta', Common Names, Harry Lauder's walking stick, corkscrew filbert, contorted hazelnut grows well in full sun to part shade. Water quite frequently in the first few years after planting to help the shrub establish a strong root system; you can water less frequently once plants are mature. Add some compost to amend the soil, making it well-drained, and nutrient available. Compost is available in bags. Place a few inches around the plant and water in.

Scale insects and Japanese beetles can attack the plant. Japanese beetles are easily picked off by hand and drowned in a can of soapy water.