Lace Bug on Azalea

Hello! I have two large azaleas that are key to my front entrance landscape. The largest one has pale green foliage and three years ago realized it was getting lace bug damage. I was able to keep it relatively in control with two sprays of soap in the spring. But this year that wasn't adequate and a new infestation this fall is worse than I've seen. The other azalea, a small leafed, dark green variety, now also is showing damage. Using horticultural soaps and oils is preferred but doing so on two large shrubs several times a season is going to get challenging. What's the latest on control of lace bug on azalea? Is a neem oil soil drench really effective? What are the least toxic chemical pesticides available to homeowners? Thanks for the update!

Lane County Oregon

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.