A few questions on homemade grape jelly

1.) (Safety) I am new to canning. I tried to follow a recipe for grape jelly as well as I could, taking especial care to boil for long enough. I realized afterward that I had missed a subtlety: I had screwed the lids on tightly after filling the jars before the 10-minute boil. The sites I see mention this say that this is an error mainly because it may cause the lid to buckle during boiling - if the jar survive and seems intact, is my jelly okay? 2.) (Nutrition) I actually tried making jam but the grapes were seeded and I was unable to remove most of the seeds without simply straining out all the pulp, so I did so and used the juice. I wanted to make a decent calculation of the calories involved but I am not sure what change this afforded. By weight of grapes used, could you hazard a guess as to how much calories the grapes contribute as mostly squeezed juice rather than the entire flesh? 3.) (Residue) Speaking of that leftover flesh and seed pulp, I hate to waste it. Might this rather acidic material be good to lay out around my blueberries? I presume that having been boiled for several minutes the seeds are unlikely to germinate! Thank you for your time in responding.

Houghton County Michigan

Hi,
When you screw on the ring for any home canned product, it only needs to be fingertip tight. Gone are the days when we needed to screw the ring on tight because we needed to keep a rubber ring in place.
The purpose of the ring on the two -piece lids system is to hold the disc on the jar during processing. After the 24 hours have expired for the canned product to sit for the adhesion to take place the rings may be removed before the food product is put into storage.
Nutritionally the grape jam has the same number of calories as grape jelly, which is 50 calories per tablespoon. They both have 13 grams of carbohydrates.

The leftover pulp will not provide much acidity to the soil for your blueberries because the pulp will rot and mold first using up the acidity.
Any time seeds receive a heat treatment the little plant inside the seed is destroyed.

If you have any other questions be sure to ask.
Sincerely,