Deer Processing

Asked October 18, 2020, 12:18 AM EDT

In the state of Michigan do I need a permit or license to process deer?
Just gutting it and cutting it up. No packaging and nothing extra. Just cut it up and send it home with them??

Van Buren County Michigan

1 Response

There is no license needed to gut and cut up the deer for others but the packages should be marked NOT FOR SALE on each package or bag of meat that you are sending home with the hunter.

For more information: