wildfires

I have a small hobby farm with goats . When I work in the veg garden, they come to the fence for treats. I was right in the middle of the fires with all the smoke and ash. No actual fire within 3 miles. My garden was a mess with dying plants and ash covering. I waited for the rains to wash plants. Then I pulled everything up and gave to goats. They wouldnt eat anything I gave them. (they are still eating grass in the pastures).
The garden plants probably didnt taste good.
So my question is: (before vegie planting season) is there a site I can follow to see if there has been an impact to the soil from smoke/ash. And will a soil test detect metals, contaminats?

Clackamas County Oregon

Thank you for your question. There are several analytical laboratories serving Oregon which test for soil contaminants, and are listed in this publication: https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/em8677

If you go about halfway down, you'll see a legend and information about contacting them. Just gather samples as they instruct, and you should have enough information to know whether your soil is safe for vegetable gardening. Good luck!