Problem with one of my azaleas

There are red and bronze leaves on some of the branches of one of my azaleas, some of the branches to which the leaves are attached are dying. How do i treat this condition? PS: I had a problem with one of my other azales back in the spring, I got advice from agency, now it is healthy and beautiful, thank you.

Jefferson County Kentucky

This could be disease, exposure to lawn pesticides or pH problems. You can bring in a plant sample to our office, following the protocol due to Covid 19 found below.

You can bring a branch with affected leaves and healthy leaves on the same branch, in a bag into the office at the address below. We have a table out front for you to fill out a plant disease form, after the form has been filled out place in the bag with your sample and leave on the table. As we cannot see you face to face due to CDC guidelines, we check the table several times daily. If we cannot diagnose to problem here we will send it on to the lab at UK. there is no charge for this service.

We also do soil testing for nutrients and pH. We do not test for contaminants. This is a link to our webpage, just click on soil testing, There is all you need to know including how to get free vouchers to test 2 different areas of your property if you live in Jeferson County. https://jefferson.ca.uky.edu/content/horticulture

Feel free to contact our office if you have other questions.

Let me know if I can help you further!

Carol Wilder
Horticulture Technician
Jefferson County Cooperative Extension Service
Email: carol.wilder@uky.edu

502-569-2344
4200 Gardiner View Avenue

Louisville KY 40213