Bats

I believe I have a few bats behind a wooden poster decoration outside the entrance to my home. The poster is attached to the aluminum siding. A few years ago, I had bats behind shutters on my garage, and a exterminator company said the bats would leave the shutters as winter approached (I guess they did as i didn't see them the following year). Should I just leave them alone and let the cold weather take care of this problem, or would you recommend I seek professional assistance? Thank you.

Ingham County Michigan

If it were me, I would leave the bats alone until they move on for winter. Especially since they are outside and it doesn't sound like they are causing any damage (they usually don't other than their droppings being a hazard). Once you are sure the bats are gone, you may want to seal up any gaps in the poster so they don't return next year.