Hoya carnosa variegata care

Hi, I have a hoya that I got about 2 years ago. I usually have it in a bright room in indirect sunlight, and water it once every couple weeks. I haven't been able to get it to grow much (nothing like I've seen in pictures--no long strands of leaves growing down/up). Also sometimes the stems/leaves look a bit brown even though the soil is moist. Additionally, it hasn't flowered since I've had it. Any tips for these issues? Thanks! -Madeleine

Multnomah County Oregon

I'm concerned that some of the new growth is completely white. That can indicate the nitrogen is depleted. Are you applying any fertilizer? I found this good article on care https://www.plantsrescue.com/tag/hoya-carnosa-variegata/ You should allow the plant to dry out some between waterings. Please be sure to empty the saucer so the plant is not standing in water.

I suspect the plant will be entering a 'rest' phase, it's not the best time to fertilize. Wait until you see new growth.

If it hasn't flowered since you purchased it, it may not be getting enough light. This particular variety does fine with artificial light so you could consider an LED (this will provide plenty of light with little heat, a quick search of small led for plants provides a number of options.)