Testing hay for carb content

Asked October 2, 2020, 2:54 PM EDT

Where in Oregon can I get hay tested for carb content?

Clackamas County Oregon

1 Response

Here is a link to a list of labs serving Oregon. List of Labs. Along the top of the list are the various categories of tests. Find the ones that have a "dot" indicating they test "Feed."

There are many different types of carbohydrates in forage, so I am not sure which you want when you say "carbs." See "Understanding Your Forage Test Results (https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/em8801)" for the different forage components the laboratories report.

If you have specific need of carbohydrate report for feeding sensitive horses, please contact equine analytical (https://equi-analytical.com/). They have special testing and guidance for horse hay quality and feeding.