What is the best grass seed for overseeding lawn in Eugene? Lawn has been thatched and aeriated. When should it be fertilized and what type of fertilizer?
Lane County Oregon
Here is a great resource/guide for you which answers both your questions: Practical Lawn Care for Western Oregon
https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/ec1521/html. This publication provides recommendations for maintaining an aesthetically pleasing and functional lawn while reducing the environmental impact of lawn-care practices. It also discusses:
- Appropriate places for lawns
- Realistic expectations for lawn performance
- Selecting grasses for conventional lawns and development of a climax lawn
- Alternatives to conventional lawns
- Cultural practices needed to maintain lawns.