Arborist recommendation

Hello, I live in Bend Oregon and I am looking for a recommendation for a arborist to look at a few trees that I have some concern with. They are blue spruce that have yellowing needles. Starting a the bottom of the tree. I am looking for someone that can come and evaluate and give me some advice. So many of these companies just are tree cutting services. Thank you.

Deschutes County Oregon

Hi, Can you please send me some photos of the spruce so I can see the pattern of change you seeing with the needle color? Which companies have you talked to so far?

Thanks

It started at the bottom and seems to be working its way up. I have not contacted any companies yet. Thank you.

Hi, Feel free to bring a branch sample (transitional part bluek/part brown) to our plant clinic in Redmond. We are located on the fairgrounds. I can take a look at the sample a we can go from there. I see gravel mulch. Any weed management going on in the beds where an herbicide would have been used? Just trying to rule out potential causes.

Thanks

Hi there, gravel mulch and no herbicides. Thanks!

If you bring a sample, I would be glad to help trouble shoot what might be happening to your spruce. You can also email me at amyjo.detweiler@oregonstate.edu and I can send some followup information on how to select an arborists. I cannot endorse any one arborist in my position. Thanks