Grow Lamp Selection

We will soon bring in the annual and household plants from outside and place in the basement for the winter months. We have previously used a CFL 250W 2700K red lamp to keep the plants alive for the winter. It appears these CFL bulbs may no longer be available in the U.S. What would be a suitable replacement for this bulb? We typically have spider plants, geraniums, succulents, among others. I believe this year we will require 2 lamps rather than 1. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Livingston County Michigan

Hello!

I have some suggestions for you, and some interesting information in this link:
https://extension2.missouri.edu/g6515

I am an orchid grower, and for many years I grew and flowered orchids under shop lights. They are inexpensive for both the fixtures and the bulbs. The prices on LED lights have come down substantially in recent years, and I bought some to try from a friend, who ordered them from China. They work well enough. The nice thing about shop lights is that you can go to Ace Hardware, Lowes or Home Depot to buy what you need inexpensively, rather than waiting for a shipment from China.

I hope that I've helped you with your question.