Apricot tree blossoming

I pruned my apricot tree in early September and now on 9/27 I'm noticing a few blossoms. I've had this tree for about 7 or 8 years and this is the first time I've ever seen blossoms in the fall. Any thoughts as to what caused this?

Monterey County California

Apricot trees have rather stringent climate requirements which make them difficult to grow in many areas. They are among the earliest trees to bloom, and their flowers and fruit buds are very sensitive to cold. On the other hand, the trees will not set fruit properly unless they are chilled by freezing weather during the dormant period. The ideal climate condition would provide chilly winters, freedom from late frosts, and fairly warm, dry springs. By pruning your trees early you may have caused this early flush of fall bloom and you may lose the opportunity for proper fruit set. It is best to prune fruit trees during the dormant season, December through February.

Here is a publication you may find useful.

https://extension.umaine.edu/fruit/growing-fruit-trees-in-maine/pruning/

Hope this helps!