Oak Tree ID question

Very old oak tree in my yard in Maryland 21146. Tree seems stressed each summer with curling dry-looking leaves but regenerates every year regardless. This fall, the leaves are huge. I attached photo. The tree faces North with moss on it, which I assume is normal. Approximately 70' in height, very few side branched with a round dome. Can I help this tree if needed?

Anne Arundel County Maryland

This is a southern red oak. There is huge variation in leaf shape, as you can see here: https://www.marylandbiodiversity.com/view/1547

Keeping your tree watered in droughts is the best thing you can do for it. Many oaks are dying in Maryland. As they grow bigger each year, they need more water. Put a hose on a slow stream and move it around the base of the tree, letting it soak deeply before moving it. A timer set in the house is helpful.

Many soils are dry now, in spite of all the rain we have had. Do not let your oak go into winter in dry soil.

Ellen