When to replant horse pasture

I live in north Junction City. I bought some horse pasture seed mix to over dead our pasture. When should I spread it? I noticed it might be 80 next week so was Leary, but also saw little areas grass sprouting up in the driveway. Thank you, Tanja Rutherford

Lane County Oregon

I understand your concerns. There is adequate soil moisture right now for planting and with our cool, damp mornings, I don't expect most soils to dry out entirely. The key to broadcasting the seed is seed-to-soil contact. This means the seed is in direct contact with the soil and not spread on top of other vegetation in the field. Ideally, you would harrow or rake the area to rough the soil up, broadcast seed, and then gently harrow or rake the area again to slightly cover the seed. If you want to visit about this in more detail, feel free to contact me via email or phone. My contact information is below.