cold packing sauerkraut

Can I cold pack my sauerkraut using a cold pack method? I usually keep it in the refrigerator and use it up quite quickly but this year i've made quite a bit extra. What is the best way to can it is not cold pack? Will canning it stop the fermmenting process? How long will it keep? Thanks for any help you can give.

Lincoln County Oregon

Fully fermented sauerkraut may be kept tightly covered in the refrigerator for several months, or it can be frozen or canned.

To hot pack can sauerkraut, bring sauerkraut and juice to a boil, and pack into hot jars leaving 1/2" headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust for headspace if needed. Wipe rims, adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner. Up to 1,000 feet of altitude, pints are canned 10 minutes and quarts are canned 15 minutes.

For raw pack, fill hot jars with sauerkraut and juices, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust for headspace if needed. Wipe rime, adjust lids, and process in a boiling water canner. Up to 1,000 feet of altitude, pints are canned 20 minutes and quarts 25 minutes.

Here is the link to the OSU Extension publication " Pickling Vegetables" that has directions for sauerkraut on pages 10-11 - https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/pnw355