What are these bulbs in my yard??

Hello, I solarized my entire yard over the past year to destroy the awful grass there when I moved in. Now I'm planting a native garden and while digging I've found hundreds and hundreds of these bulbs (pictured). They seem to fill up the first foot of soil in my yard throughout. In the last month or two they've started sprouting shoots in clumps. What are these things? Do I need to be worried they'll eat my yard? Can I do anything about it?

Multnomah County Oregon

it's really hard to tell until they actually flower. I suspect it may be muscari https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscari but they could also be daffodils. Both are normally spring blooming but it's possible that the solarization you have done has confused the bulbs. Did you notice any blooms in that area in Feb-April, because that is when both those varieties would bloom.

If you you are curious, you could pot a few of these up and let them flower and make a decision whether to keep them. You can also simply cut off the green growth to force the plant to keep putting energy to produce more leaves. if you keep doing this, the bulbs will eventually exhaust all the stored energy and die.

Wow, my wife says that she now remembers small blue flowers throughout that area of the yard last spring. Congratulations, what an amazing guess. Thanks so much for your help, it put my mind at ease to know they weren't some crazy thing that would take over my yard. Happy Monday, stay safe.