Plants contribution to mold in a household.

I am having a problem with mold and mildew in my apartment. The management believes that my extensive collection of houseplants contributes greatly to the presence of mold and mildew. I believe the plants work to eliminate moisture and mold and mildew in the air. I am looking for the most authoritative source on this issue. Can you please direct me?

Baltimore County Maryland

Plants can help to purify air but they generally do not eliminate moisture, mold or mildew. They can encourage humidity, depending on what they are and how they are kept and cared for, however it is pretty unusual for houseplants to be blamed for indoor mold and mildew, which usually involves wet, uncorrected issues that affect organic materials like cardboard, drywall, wood, etc..
You might try encouraging better air circulation within the area, using fans etc. Often once our indoor heat kicks in for winter, there is no longer a lot of moisture in the air.

Christine