Seed collection from perenials

I see from research that some of my flowers will self sow. But I’ve collected seeds and wonder if I’ll have better results if I intervene by starting seeds indoors, and planting in the spring. How reliable is the spreading by nature? If I start seeds, when should I start them? I’m thinking whenever gives them a chance to grow into 3-4 inch plants to be transplanted, which means sometime in winter. Some of the seeds I’ve collected are black-eyed Susan, hollyhocks, Poppies, penstemon, catmint sage, Russian sage, Shasta daisies, echinacea, delphiniums, Thanks for any advice and encouragement.

Deschutes County Oregon

Hello, starting seed indoors, if done correctly, will most likely give you more successful starts than just letting them germinate outside. When you think of how many seeds one plant produces and then notice just a few of those seeds germinate you can see most do not make it, for whatever reason.
You will want to start seeds indoors, greenhouse or in home, at least 10 weeks before the last frost. You would also want to provide additional lighting to keep the seedlings from getting leggy and weak.
Here is a publication that will help guide you to success. https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/2063/2016/03/Grow-from-Seeds.pdf I cannot be specific about the types of seeds you collected. You can do research on the individual species you are interested in to find out specific cultural needs.
Have fun with this adventure.