How to trim my 10 years old coral cactus....

Hi...I have this coral cactus for more than 10 years. But now it’s growing like crazy. I have to tied them up to keep from falling down. I was hoping it would grow without the long branches.
What did I do wrong?
Is there a way to trim it?
Please help...

thank you

Washington County Oregon

Thank you for your question. First, we believe this to be a Euphoria lactea 'White Ghost,' rather than a coral cactus. https://plants.ces.ncsu.edu/plants/euphorbia-lactea/ Second, it appears to be very healthy and is growing in the shape it is meant to have. So, pruning it is not advised and, like all the euphorbs, getting its sap on your skin will cause blisters and swelling. I suspect it did not grow into a well-behaved tree because of too little light, but perhaps the article above will help care for it in the future. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Hello...

I just want to make sure if it's okay to tied up the cactus like that...
If not, what other solution to make it grow nicer...
Please advice...
Thank you

It probably doesn't hurt it to tie it up, but it's never an ideal solution to try to change a plant's nature. I'm sorry I can't come up with anything except to rehome it to a place the owner has more room.

Hi...sorry to bother you again...

I saw some of it can grow the cactus without the branches coming out. Is it because they cut them ?

This is a true coral cactus. This is an entirely different species. Your actions didn't cause the differences. Genes did.

Ahhhh...I see...I got it now...
Thank you very much for your help...