Lima Bean seeds shriveling

I have been growing an heirloom butterbean for a few years, and this year I've had poor seed development inside the pods. I've had a bit of an issue with this variety before, but this year I'd say about half of the seeds in the pods are affected by brown, sometimes sunken, spots. I'm mildly suspicious of the onslaught of all kinds of stinkbugs being the culprit. The leaves look healthy and green, it's just that the seeds are often damaged. I grew these before in Jackson County, and they fared much better there, so it could have something to do with hotter weather and perhaps the soil lacking something where I am gardening now. The variety is originally from just down the road in Valdese, so I would have assumed it would have fared well. Thanks! You can see attached photo of a pod with a healthy seed, one with a little damage, and a shrunken one.

Caldwell County North Carolina

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.