Spanish fig tree

Spanish fig tree I live in Edgewater Maryland and I have sun that comes up in the front of my house and goes down in the back what is the best place for me to place the fig tree I placed it next to my pool and everybody’s telling me I need to move it but it doesn’t have enough room could it be by itself away from a wall

Anne Arundel County Maryland

The tree will grow best in the location that provides at least 8 hours of direct sun. If planting in the rear, keep it far enough away from the pool so that leaves and figs don't fall on concrete or in the pool. The tree will be better protected from freezing weather if planted against a south-facing wall.
It may need winter protection if planted out in the open (depending on where you are in Anne Arundel Co.) You can check with neighbors to learn whether or not they are covering their fig trees over the winter. Here is our web page and videos on figs
https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/figs

Marian