Plant or weed

This doesn’t look like the typical weed I find around the garden. What is it

Multnomah County Oregon

Thank you for your question. We can't tell the size of the leaves, or if it is a woody plant (stiff stems). Its leaves' shape appears to be that of a rosemary plant. Is it aromatic when you break a leaf?

It doesn't look like any rosemary plant I have ever seen. The leaves are longer and don't smell like rosemary and it doesn't have stiff stems.

What are the size of the leaves? What do they smell like? I am afraid the Extension offices are all closed to the public, so we rely on written information to ID plants. Perhaps if you just let it grow, more data will emerge.

The size of the leaves are 1 inch. They are on a kind of a stalk & the leaves flair out. The longest stalk is 6 inches but others that are growing vary from 1 inch to 3 or 4 inches. There is not much of a smell at all. Here is a closer look.

Thank you so much. I am very pleased. I’ve been wanting to go buy one. Now I don’t have to.

Great! And you can save the seeds and grow more!