Crape Myrtle Trimming - Flowering plants for winter

I just moved to Charlotte - I want to shape up my crape myrtle trees. Can you trim them in the Fall? Do Snappdraggons over winter here or do they freeze? If not, are there any plants that will over winter and flower during the colder months? Julia Canipelli, Florida Master Gardner, Duvall County 904-338-1757 oillifeforhealth@gmail.com

Mecklenburg County North Carolina

Following is a searchable database from NC State. It allows you to select for desired characteristics in the menu on the left to narrow down your choices. For Example, under cultural conditions, click on NC Region and select Piedmont for our area. You can also select for the amount of light, and texture of soil (usually clay in this area). Other tabs down that side let you select for type of growth, plant type (perennial for example) flower color, etc.

Under Resistance to Challenges you can also select any unique characteristics to the area you want to plant.

Hope this helps! It starts with a lot, but you can quickly narrow it down to what fits your wants and needs.