New Bamboo Planting Along Fence Line

Are there any rules pertaining to planting bamboo along a property fence line. My neighbor has planted several 12'-16' tall bushes this weekend. This will eventually move over to my yard and I will have to contend with them and because of the deciduous nature of the species, they will complicate my pool and deck areas where cleaning and maintenance are concerned.

Clackamas County Oregon

Thank you for your question. There are two types of bamboo (a grass). One is clumping, and has less of a proclivity to extend rhizomes into surrounding soil. The other is rhizomatous, and spreads so as to become invasive. Your photo does not show what was planted, a question that probably can only be answered by your neighbor. There are several mechanisms used to block rhizomes from coming onto your property, all of which require excavation and placement of barriers, especially effective before rhizomes spread out. Planting regulations vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. I cannot tell from your question what jurisdiction in Clackamas County you are in. So, more information is needed to answer your question.