Canning

I recently pressure canned several jars of vegetable beef soup and chicken soup( no noodles). All my jars sealed. About three weeks later I learned that I used 5 pounds of pressure when I should have done 10 lb of pressure. Is there any way to salvage my soup? Is it possible to reprocess them in the canner again using the correct weight? I processed them for 90 minutes the first time. By the way I live in the Highland area of Lincoln County. Is 10 lb of pressure correct? Thank you for your help and advice.

Lincoln County Kentucky

Hello. Thank you for your question. Please contact the Lincoln County CES Office for assistance. I have included the contact information below. Rita G Stewart Extension Agent Family and Consumer Science phone: (606) 365-2459 fax: (606) 365-3238 rstewart@uky.edu Lincoln.EXT@uky.edu Physical Address: Lincoln Cooperative Extension Office 104 Metker Trail Stanford, KY 40484