Determining species & encouraging production

Could you help me determine the species of my dragon fruit plant clipping? I recently inherited two cuttings from the same plant. My boyfriend’s father clipped a piece in Mexico while on his honeymoon with his beautiful bride 53 years ago. The dragon fruit plant has grown quite a bit since then but I understand it needs the right partner to produce. I am trying to figure out which species dragon fruit plant this is and how I can encourage it to flower and produce fruit. Any help is appreciated. I have no idea what I am doing with this plant but the hopeless romantic in me believes it’s time she finds a lasting mate! I also love the taste of good dragon fruit! :) I’ve included a few photos of the two clippings I have recently placed in a pot filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil. Thank you!

Travis County Texas

Hello

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to identify this way without a fruit or flower. And even with a fruit trying to find anyone with that knowledge is very hard as well as this is a very, very, specialized fruit that a lot of folks are trying to grow. To date this novity fruit is probably limited to the Rio Grande Valley.

Here is an interesting article, that you might try to contact these folks for some guidelines.
https://valleybusinessreport.com/news/pitaya/

Happy Gardening

David Rodriguez -Extension Horticulturist
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Bexar County/San Antonio

Hi David, thank you so much for the prompt and honest response. I am going to keep digging and I appreciate you pointing me in a helpful direction.