Emerald green barrier planting

Greetings,

Please tell me how many 5 gal emerald green trees are needed to cover 140 ft property line?

Wayne County Michigan

I assume you are referencing an Emerald Green Arborvitae? If so, the mature size is typically 3-4 ft wide. Using the 4 ft. size, you would approximately 35 arborvitaes. If you wish them to be closer for more of a sight or wind barrier, then you could plant about 45. Regardless of what you are planting, we would always recommend you check the tree label for width at mature size and make sure you plant to allow for that.
One suggestion - if you are trying to create a barrier of some sort and have the space, you may want to consider two rows (instead of one straight one) with staggered spacing. This is often more interesting and forms a great wind or sight barrier. I am including a link below where you can find more details on that option. Hope that helps!
https://extension.psu.edu/using-trees-and-shrubs-for-privacy-and-wind-screening