Bermuda Grass

Unfortunately, I have a very large area that is covered by Bermuda grass and I would like avoid the grass spreading any further. My neighbor will be using a company to spray glyphosate. Since, I like to avoid the use of herbicides on my lawn and in my garden, what other options do I have? I have read about smothering, choking, solarizing, etc. but I was wondering if there are companies that have equipment that can "burn" grass and thatch in a controlled manner, rather than using an open fire. Hopefully, you can assist me or direct me in the right direction. Thanks!

New Castle County Delaware

Unfortunately, there is limited non-herbicidal control for bermudagrass. Sometimes multiple applications of glyphosate is required to achieve adequate control. Even if you "burn" it, the underground rhizomes are too resilient for this type of measure. The best control method is 3 applications of glyphosate at 2 oz/1000ft2, 7-10 days apart.