Soil Sampling Still Going on?

Is the annual soil sample testing still occurring? I just dropped on some samples in the white boxes, and there were about 3 boxes out there. So I am wondering if the testing is still occurring. Thank you

Chatham County North Carolina

The NCDA is still processing samples. However, the Master Gardener Volunteers handle monthly delivery to the NCDA lab in Raleigh. NC State University (who myself and the volunteers work for) has suspended volunteer activity since March, so regular soil deliveries are not occurring. The boxes you saw at our office were erroneously dropped off by a landscaper, so I am waiting to hear back from them.

In the meantime, you can mail or drop off the samples to the lab yourself (4300 Reedy Creek Rd. in Raleigh). There is a loading dock at the back (right side of building, straight ahead as you pull in) where samples can be deposited.

Sorry about that! After COVID, delivery services will return to normal!

Thanks for the update! I will go grab my samples back and take them to Raleigh. Is the drop off location accessible 24/7, ie. can I do it after hours on the way home from work?

It's not 24/7, but I think the gates stay open until at least 6. I have dropped off samples after 5:00 before.

It's close to the Museum of Art, so it is easy to access to I-440, I-40 and Wade Ave: https://goo.gl/maps/CVF2UB5i1tJJp2cR8