Lowering Ph in soil

I have two Red Maple trees that are showing signs of stress and possibly to high of Ph in the soil. Their leaves are turning red and some are a very deep red color. I am trying to lower the Ph. Last soils test indicates 7.4 Ph. I recently added Espoma Organic Soil Acidifier to the two trees just estimating how much to use. Are there any other steps I can take to help get the rest of the soil to start being more acidic? Would Iron Sulfate or Potassium Sulfate be a good thing to use in conjunction with the Espoma Organic Soil Acidifier?

Thank you for your time,
Steve

Michigan

Steve, From the pictures you have presented you could be dealing with Verticillium Wilt. This particular fungus is soil bound. It appears in Maples such as yours in July and August along with hot dry weather. The abnormally hot July temperatures certainly lead me in this direction. Generally Red Maples grow very well in Michigan soils without any soil amendments. I have included below some additional information on Maple Diseases and ask you to scroll down to the section on Verticillium Wilt. Contacting a local ISA tree arborist might be something to consider. https://extension.psu.edu/maple-diseases