Japanese Knotweed

I have discovered several plants in my yard that look like Japanese Knotweed: Red stems Multiple stems from base Hollow stems Alternate leaves White flowers in a spike shape I have attached a picture of one of the plants. The property behind my house is being developed and a large area of land has been disturbed. I found what appears to be a whole grove of these plants on this property. Does this plant appear to have the characteristics of Japanese Knotweed? Is there any way I could definitely identify it? What remedy do the home owners adjacent to the apparent Japanese Knotweed grove have with the developer of the land containing the grove?

Oakland County Michigan

Breath a sigh of relief - this is not Japanese Knotweed. It is Pokeweed which is easily spread as birds eat and drop the berries. Small seedlings can easily be pulled out but after the taproot develops it is a challenge to eradicate. See the info in the link below for more information about options for eradication. Unfortunately, studies have shown that seeds may lay dormant in the soil for up to 40 years so consistent vigilance is needed to eradicate this entirely. Hope that helps. https://extension.psu.edu/common-pokeweed-identification-and-management