Millipedes

What chemical gets rid of these brown millipedes. We live in a RV park in Texas. And they are coming up through the commode. What can I do? Please help! Its disturbing.

Bexar County Texas

Good morning, Texas. Millipedes are harmless although I could see how this situation could be unpleasant. Millipedes seek out moisture and typically end up in basements, bathrooms and kitchens around the home. I've never heard of them actually coming up through the toilet, but just finding their way in there to seek out water. I would not recommend putting any insecticides in the toilet as that is an off label application and is essentially going into our water system. If they are in fact coming up through your plumbing, there must be some cracks somewhere and that will need repaired to remedy the situation. If you keep seeing large numbers of them, I would recommend first calling a pest management professional to do an inspection. Here is a factsheet for your reference. Thanks.

Jenny
https://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/HYG-2067A-10