How can I eradicate Nutsedge in home perennial garden? In spring and early...

How can I eradicate Nutsedge in home perennial garden? In spring and early summer used Ortho Nutsedge Killer for Lawns. It may have killed some nutsedge but now plants are large and interfering with dividing and transplanting perennials. I have used this produce for at least 3 years, and problem just gets worse. Is there a better produce to kill taller nutsedge.? It is NOT in lawn. 2. What produce prevents underground 'nuts' from continuing to germinate?

Thank you!

Hamilton County Indiana

Sulfentrazone is one of the better products for nutsedge that is available for homeowners. As with other weeds, the most effective time for applications of herbicides is when the weeds are small. You'll have to make several applications (based on label rates) over one or two seasons to eradicate the nutsedge infestation. To reduce nutlets, a product with dichlobenil will greatly help.