Brown spots lawn

I have these random brown spots that developed very quickly.. What is it and anything I can do about it? Do not have pets.

Thanks
Randy

Burleigh County North Dakota

Hi Randy,
Thank you for the great photos! A couple questions for you to help me diagnose what is going on.

When did you first notice the spots develop? Is it all concentrated in one area of your yard? Have you had any issues in the past?

No problems in the past. Started about 3 wks ago as small brown spots and progressively increased and spread. Not one specific spot in the yard the worse is the back yard but I have noticed a couple spots starting in the front yard.

Thanks for the quick response! How big of the spots, size-wise? Could you send a couple photos of where I can see more of the yard? If you want you can email me directly at kelsey.j.deckert@ndsu.edu.

Thanks!

They start out about size of a grapefruit and progressively get bigger and run together. I can send more after work.