Salvia's being decimated with spiders

Hi The leaves of my salvi's have numerous small holes. When I looked it up on the Internet they said it was probably spiders. The leaves of some of my cornflowers also have the same issue. I cut back the plants that were totally destroyed. I have been spraying them with Neem oil. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Deschutes County Oregon

Hi, Spiders do not cause plant damage as they only eat insects, not plant material. The damage in these photos is likely due to earwigs (which feed at night). Here is a link on management for earwigs: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/gallery/common-insects-found-urban-landscapes-central-oregon Scroll down to earwigs, managment tab is under the photos. You can roll up a wet newspaper, place near or under foliage of plants, in the morning, fold up both ends and discard. Neem oil should be effective for managing earwigs, follow label directions. The only other possibility based on the damage may be flea beetle damage, but you would likely see these insects if it were flea beetle.