How can I improve my hydrangea health?

I was given a hydrangea as a gift. It had spider mites so I treated it with slightly soapy water. It got rid of the mites, then I transplanted it into a larger pot with Miracle Grow potting soil and watered it daily. The leaves started turning brown so I brought it inside thinking the Texas sun might have burned it. It seems to be rallying and putting out new leaves, but some leaves are still turning brown and drying up. What am I doing wrong, and how can I help my plant do better please?

Bexar County Texas

Hello

This plant is to far gone and it would be best to dispose of it.

Sorry

Floral Hydrangeas really don't live long after they have bloom out and even the landscape types are really not recommended here because of are alkaline soils and extreme warm temperatures.
Both types of plants would prefer rain water over tap, morning sun, acidic peat based soils, high amounts of acid fertilizer and East Texas and beyond.

Happy Gardening

David Rodriguez -Extension Horticulturist
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Bexar County/San Antonio