BirchTree is Dying

We have a birch tree in our yard that looks like it is dying. In the spring I cut several dead branches out of the tree including one larger branch. I noticed another large branch looking like it was dead about a month ago. After the recent warm weather all of the leaves are turning brown and many have fallen off. I did a little research and it looks like it has a bronze borer beetle infestation (see pictures). Is it too late or is it possible the tree could survive. If survival is possible, what can I do to give it the best chances? Thank you, Alan

Marion County Oregon

Assessing the need to remove a tree isn't something we can reliably do on this online forum. If you hire an arborist to make a site visit you'll get professional advice. This is our recommendation for a tree posing potential danger or if it is a high value plant in your landscape.
OSU extension publication "Homeowner Guide to Managing Bronze Birch Borer in the Upper Klamath Basin" discusses the different stages of damage and treatment options. https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/em9189/html