Fruit tree spraying.

I have a small orchard, 30 trees. My father also had a bigger orchard 100 trees. He used something he called sticker in his spray blend. It was to help the spray stay on the leaves even during rain. Also I believe it helped the fruit stay on the trees longer. Any ideas what this might have been. This was in the late 70's and 80's. Might this still be available?

Midland County Michigan

There are quite a few spray tank additives with various properties--spreaders, stickers, penetrants, water pH adjusters, etc. If leaves or fruit are waxy, a spreader helps the spray droplet to wet the surface and not roll off. Super Spread 90 is a common spreader. R-56 Spreader Sticker has both spreader and sticker properties. Nu-Film P is a spreader with very strong sticking properties. Be careful with additives that also have penetrant activities because they can make materials like copper or captan more apt to have burning effect on treated plants. You may have to go online to find one...Bonide has one. Careful that you get one that is meant for fungicides and insecticides. Spreader stickers that are used for herbicides can be too aggressive for spraying fruit trees.