Best practices for using Hydrogen peroxide to clean drip irrigation

Hello my question is in regard to using hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to remove iron and sulfur reducing bacteria from drip irrigation lines. I done some research of my own on this topic, but have not found much helpful information. Most of it was not specific enough to answer my questions such as if different dosing is required based on bacteria CFU/ml or mineral ppm in the water or even type of bacteria. Was hoping that someone in this network has had more experience with this than I myself have had or could point out some good extension articles on the subject.

Kansas

I'm sorry but our irrigation specialist has retired and we do not have a replacement yet. I am not sure when we will be able to fill this position.

Ward

Ok, thank you for the response. Any chance you would know of extension personal in other states that might be able to answer this question? I reached out to Dr. Freddie Lamm of K-State and Thomas Marek of TAMU and neither of them had worked with H2O2 if you would know of someone else I could reach out to I would be grateful.

I don't know of anyone. However, we do have a publication on maintaining a drip irrigation system but it doesn't mention hydrogen peroxide. See https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/mf2178.pdf .

Ward