I have 2 maple trees with one affected more than the other but both are...

I have 2 maple trees with one affected more than the other but both are dropping leaves. The stems are coming down with the leaf. I was told ten years or so ago that it was an insect but that there is not a treatment developed to destroy the insect. Is there a treatment available today? Thanks. Len Terlizzi, North Canton, OH

Stark County Ohio

Len,
Thanks for your question. I am forwarding your message to the Stark County Master Gardener Volunteer Garden Information Line, a free service provided by Ohio State University Extension of Stark County Master Gardener Volunteers that works to assist local residents with problems in their home landscape and backyard gardens. A MG volunteer will be in touch with you as soon as possible. We will need photos of the following in order to most accurately assess the current issue with your maple tree/s. 1) Photo of the tree/s in your yard (please try to show us the entire tree if you can); 2) if possible, photo of the tree canopy; 3) photo of a branch with leaves; 4) photo of a recently fallen leaf with the stem attached-a close up if possible. Please forward photos of the following along with your name and contact information (email and phone number, and best time to call) to gardeninfoline@gmail.com.
Thank you!