Dogwood

My longtime healthy dogwood has suddenly started dropping its leaves. It’s getting plenty of water, air, sun. Bartlett routinely sprays. It’s only mid July!

Multnomah County Oregon

Thank you for your question. I am uncertain what you mean by "Bartlett routinely sprays." Are you spraying with a Bartlett pear tree pesticide? Could you please attach some clear photos, both of the leaves, and of the entire tree? Thanks for more information.

Bartlett Tree Service routinely sprays in the spring with a non-toxic spray that supposedly treats whatever bothers dogwoods. I will email pics in a later email, since I’ll need my husband’s help. Hopefully, later today. Thanks for your quick response.
Kathleen McCarthy

PS. We have several Japanese maples and other trees that are all fine. Including other dogwoods.

Thank you, Kathleen. It would be helpful to know what sprays they use. They must be toxic to something, or they would have no need to spray!