Yellow squash leaves have spots on

What is eating my squash leaves?? Would sprayIng with dawn soap/water save my plant? How often or is there something else I should be doing? Should I be mulching under the leaves?

Washington County Minnesota

The affected leaves in your photo look like they have angular leaf spot. This is caused by a bacteria and can stay present in soil for up to two years. Dawn soap and water will not be of benefit with this. It can be worsened by high moisture so mulch could make it worse by supporting a moist environment. Keeping airflow open by reducing overcrowding of plants will assist in reduction of further spread. If watering is needed do so at the base of the plant and early in the day to give time for the plant to dry off. At the end of the season dispose of all vines in the trash. Crop rotation is important in future years. Below is a link to additional information on this bacteria. https://extension.umn.edu/diseases/angular-leaf-spot