Gypsy Moth infestation

In the last Gypsy Moth infestation in Kalamazoo county I received some Gypsy moth cadavers that contained the bacteria that the worms ate when the were at the base of the trees. ( entomafaglia mamagia ) Forgive my attempt at spelling. Is it possible to get more of those specimens ? David Marshick 586 295 7093

Iosco County Michigan

Hi David,
This is Jeremy from the Kalamazoo office. By chance, do you remember who sent you the cadavers?

One thought on Entomophaga maimaiga: This particular fungus thrives when the relative humidity is high. We just received a good amount of rain this morning, but before that, the extended period of hot and dry conditions were highly unfavorable for germination and pathogenesis.

Interestingly, I've heard reports that the gypsy moth nucleopolyhedrosis virus continues to spread readily through the environment.