Tomato Blight

Help! I have had blight in the past, but didn't know how to deal with it but this year, as always, I collar them when planting to prevent cut worms, then I put grass clippings around those. This year I have been watching very closely and have noticed blight beginning on all my plants so yesterday with clipper and after I cut each leaf stem off, I dipped my clippers in a light bleach solution and then did the next cut. Then I sprayed with a fungicide. This morning I went out and saw more spots..... Help! what do I do now? I even rotate my tomato crop each spring.

Ottawa County Michigan

Thank you for your question. Blight is a set of symptoms that comes with various diseases of tomatoes. Septoria leaf spot, early blight and late blight are the main diseases when you think of blight. Prevention is important. Weed control, insect control, sanitation, rotation and preventative fungicides are important to keep down diseases. Also, avoid overhead irrigation especially in the evening. Healthy plants are less likely to get diseased. Proper nutrition, appropriate water, good drainage will aid in keeping blight at bay. Note that some insect damage as well as other diseases and disorders can have blight like symptoms. It is important to identify the problem to find the best solution. Pictures are a great benefit for us to help in identification.
I hope this helps,